Does the Center work with NHIF?
HBO Medical Support Center is already working with the National Health Insurance Fund with medical referrals for physical medicine and rehabilitation. Procedures in the hyperbaric chamber are not covered by the Fund.
How long does a procedure take?
Most often, the duration of a procedure is between 1-2 hours.
Is the procedure painful for the patient?
The procedure is not painful.
How does the hyperbaric oxygen chamber feel?
Only at the beginning and the end of the procedure, when the pressure rises or falls, you may experience a slight discomfort in the ears similar to flying on a plane.
“ Every time you go up in an aeroplane, you are sitting in a hyperbaric chamber.“Hyperbaric” is simply a term describing an increase in ambient pressure”.
Prof. Philip James
How many procedures are needed for the effect to take place?
Depending on the disease, the number of procedures is determined by the objective assessment of a physician. Improvement in each patient is manifested after a different number of procedures, with some patients taking 6-8 sessions.
What medical conditions does the HBO chamber help with?
It has beneficial effects on:
- Traumatic injuries and orthopedic impairments;
- After surgical interventions;
- Cardiovascular and vascular diseases;
- Conditions after radiation therapy treatment;
- Conditions of the ear, nose, and throat ;
- Gastrointestinal diseases;
- Central and peripheral nervous system disorders;
- Dermatological diseases;
- Gynecological diseases;
- Ophthalmic diseases of vascular origin.
- Diabetic foot;
- Multiple sclerosis;